10 Traits Every Private Investigator Needs
Whether you are an investigator on a police force, the FBI or work privately, you must develop several skills and qualities to become an effective investigator and solve your cases. During an investigation, you will gather information from physical evidence and witnesses and analyze the evidence to solve the crime or problem. Here are the top 10 traits a Private Investigator should have if they hope to be successful in the business.
- Analyst and Problem Solver – All investigations require a good logical and analytical mind.
- Determination and Perseverance – A good Private Investigator does not give up easily.
- Empathetic and Compassionate – Private clients are often extremely worried or stressed and need someone to listen to them and understand.
- Patience – Surveillance can take time and lots of patience.
- Self-Motivated – Working alone for long periods of time takes self-motivation to get the job done.
- Confident and Outgoing – Being a Private Investigator often means speaking to people you don’t know to gain information. You can’t look nervous at this time!
- Discretion – You are never off duty and must treat all cases with total confidentiality.
- Honest and Dependable – A good Private Detective does not use any dishonest or illegal practices. Often their report will be used in court.
- Tactful – You need to be tactful during your investigation and when dealing with your clients.
- Common Sense – Finally, who would want to employ a Private Investigator with no common sense?
From cheating spouses to workers compensation fraud, our private investigators use the most innovative methods to find the answers to your questions. Call today at (904) 354-4242 or (904) 354-4208 to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.
Take a look at the following infographic, created by The Right Path Investigators, showing the main traits and qualities that great private detectives must have.